Right Start is an education programme for people with Type 2 diabetes, which involves our diabetes specialist dietitians, podiatrists and diabetes specialist nurses.
The programme is designed to help you understand your condition, and to increase your confidence in managing your diabetes. It’s free if you are registered with a GP in Ealing.
You can attend Right Start if you:
- have Type 2 diabetes
- can get to the sites where we provide the programme (unfortunately we cannot provide transport)
- are able to understand English or Punjabi (we hope to provide the programme in other languages in the future)
- are registered with a GP in Ealing
- are motivated and able to commit to four sessions which last two hours each.
We provide Right Start at four locations:
There are four venues to choose from:
- Mattock Lane Health Centre, 78 Mattock Lane, West Ealing, London, W13 9NZ
- Greenford Methodist Church, Ruislip Road, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 9QN
- Jubilee Gardens Medical Centre, Jubilee Gardens, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 2TJ
- Featherstone Road Clinic, Hartington Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 5BQ – these sessions are only provided in Punjabi.
We accept self-referrals for Right Start, which means that you can submit your own referral form, or a health professional can refer you.
For queries about Right Start, call us on 0208 383 5448.