Dear Pitshanger Family Practice patients,
We are writing to inform you that Pitshanger Family Practice and Boileau Road Surgery will merge on 1 July 2023. This will mean that the registered patient list for the two practices will be joined together and the Pitshanger Family Practice premises will close, with care continuing to be provided to patients choosing to remain with Boileau Road Surgery.
From 1 July 2023 you will continue to receive services from the newly merged practice at the following address:
Boileau Road Surgery,
104 Boileau Road, Ealing
London, W5 3AJ
Telephone: 020 8997 6604
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 8.00 am to 6:30 pm.
Travel information and routes https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
Nearest Stations North Ealing Piccadilly Line or West Acton, Central Line.
The ICB’s Primary Care Executive Group met on 26 April 2023 and decided to approve the merger for the following reasons:
- The landlord of Pitshanger Family Practice has indicated that they wish the practice to vacate the premises, and therefore the premises will no longer be available to use beyond 30 June 2023.
- An alternative premise closer to Pitshanger was not forthcoming.
- The merger will ensure that there is continuity of patient care provided to patients choosing to remain with Boileau Road Surgery.
- Nearby practices have indicated that they have the capacity to register large numbers of patients should patients wish to register at another local practice, closer to where they live.
- Boileau Road Surgery has the capacity to accommodate the additional patients.
- The ICB will be supporting the practice to ensure the quality of patient care and access is maintained during the merger process and after.
What you need to do next
You will receive a letter from Primary Care Support England (PCSE) confirming the above. As you are already registered with the practice, you do not need to do anything unless you would like to register with a practice closer to where you live. The merger does not affect your NHS care.
Pitshanger Family Practice Team